Sunday, July 23, 2006

The day I went shopping....






Mummy took me to Carrefour, Subang yesterday. Ayah did not tag along. Mummy didn't bring my stroller, so I ended being hooked on to her for a good 10 minutes or so, while she wandered from floor to floor. Then we went to Carrefour's baby room, which was quite comfy, but with minimal facilities. Mummy tried to feed me, which I refused initially, but suddenly I felt hungry, so I drank up the formula milk till the last drop. Actually, I didn't take my milk since morning. I only took plain water, which made Mummy quite concerned.

After that, Mummy changed my nappy and then she took me back to the parking lot. I thought she wanted to leave already. Maybe she couldn't stand carrying me around, together with my baby bag and bottle warmer. But then, we saw a trolley with a specialized carrier meant for babies to lie on. It was quite comfy, and the material was quite soft. While Mummy was tightening the safety belt on the carrier, a Chinese family came over to greet us and the Grandma remarked that I was a cute baby (heheh!!) A toddler tried to grab me, but luckily he couldn't reach me..nyeh!nyeh!

So, off we went back again into Carrefour. Mummy started her shopping spree with me looking around, absorbing the new world around me. There were a lot of people around, and the noise was quite irritating. I was enjoying the ride on top of the shopping trolley, while suddenly, I went ZZZZ....

It was a nice nap, but suddenly I woke up and started to cry. Mummy tried soothing me, but I just couldn't stop myself from screaming out loud! Mummy got panicked a bit, because my voice managed to top the boisterous noise around me! hehe...I quiet down after Mummy gave me my favourite plain water. From then on, back to absorbing the atmosphere around me. I enjoyed it very much, so much that even when the trainee cashier sucked at her task with Mummy's purchase for a good 20 minutes or so, I didn't even cry!

Back in the car after Mummy had finished with her shopping, I was fasten to the carseat. The journey back took us about 40 minutes. I amused myself with the toys that Mummy brought along, but after a while, I got bored and started crying again. Poor Mummy! She had to concentrate on the road while driving, but I just couldn't stand being strapped on the carseat for a long time. Luckily, the journey home would have to pass by some greenaries (forests), which I love so much. When we reached home, Atuk and Nenek were so happy because they had missed me while I was gone...

I hope Mummy would bring me out more often. I want to explore the whole world. Hopefully, next time we would go to the zoo or the beach.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home